Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is a famous Indian chess player. He is the fourth youngest person to achieve the Grandmaster title in chess. At the international level, he became the youngest chess player under 10 years of age. When he at the age of seven he achieved the world youth chess championship.
He visited so many countries with his mother to participate in different tournaments. Once his game playing is watched by famous Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and after winning the match immediately Sachin Tendulkar congratulated Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa on Twitter by twitting and tagging him. And mentioned the words like he making India proud among all other countries with his amazing talent.
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa Biography
Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is born on August 10th in the year 2005. Both the birthplace and hometown of Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is Chennai which is located in Tamil Nadu. The religion of Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa is Hindu and the zodiac sign is Leo. He is currently pursuing his schooling at Velammal Matriculation Higher Secondary School which is present in Chennai.
His father’s name is Ramesh Babu and he is an employee in the state corporation bank. Initially his father don’t want to make his son a chess player as he observed the interest of Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa within three and half year old. Then he decided to make him a chess player. Naga Laxmi is the name of his mother and she is a housewife. And he is having an elder sister with the name Vaishali Rameshbabu. She is also a chess player.
Important facts about Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa:
- Right from the age of five he started playing chess.
- In the Heraklion Fischer Memorial GM Norm tournament which is conducted in Greece, he earned the second grandmaster title.
- He earned the title of FIDE master when he is at the age of seven in the world youth chess championship in the year 2013.
- In the year 2018 Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa earned the third grandmaster title in the Grendline Open in Urtijei.
- His main motive is to earn 3000 points up to now he earned only 2500 points.
- Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa continuously practices the process of playing chess daily for up to five hours.
- The famous chess player R.B. Ramesh is his coach.
- His sister also earned two times chess grandmaster titles in the women’s quota.
- In the year 2019, he received the award TOISA which is the symbol of the best chess player of the year.
- In the month of may of 2021 in Chessable Masters online rapid chess tournament he easily stunned Magnus Carlsen who is another grandmaster in chess.
Also read: Kapil Sharma Net Worth
As a young person, he is not having so many social media accounts. And is not active on social media also. As he achieved so many milestones at a young age itself he is an inspiration to so many children who are interested in sports and games. Whenever he gets some success he will visit at least one temple with his parents. And he always wishes to spend time with his grandmother. By the end of last year he became the fifth grandmaster to earn the that title after the popular chess players.