I hope these things inspire you to make the most of Ramadan 2023 and deepen your spiritual journey during this holy month.
Iftar is the evening meal that Muslims eat to break their daily fast during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. It is a special time of the day when families and friends gather together to enjoy a meal and celebrate the blessings of the month.
The iftar meal usually begins with dates and water, which is traditionally used to break the fast. This is followed by a variety of dishes, including soups, salads, meat, rice, and vegetables. Different cultures and countries have their own traditional iftar dishes, and the menu can vary from day to day.
The iftar meal is often a time for charity and generosity, and many Muslims invite others to share their meal, especially those who are less fortunate or alone. It is also a time for spiritual reflection, prayer, and devotion, as Muslims remember the importance of gratitude, compassion, and self-control.
Overall, Ramadan iftar is a special time for Muslims to gather with loved ones, enjoy delicious food, and strengthen their faith and community bonds.
Table of Contents
- Special Ramadan 2023 Recipes for Iftar.
- Fruit Chaat Recipe.
- Chana chat Recipe.
- Dahi Bhallay
- Chicken Sandwiches
- Creamy Fruit Chaat
Special Ramadan 2023 Recipes for Iftar.
Fruit Chaat Recipe.
Fruit chaat is a popular Pakistani and Indian street food that is a delicious combination of fresh fruits, spices, and chutneys. Here’s a simple recipe to make fruit chaat at home:
- 2 cups of mixed fresh fruits (such as apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, pomegranate seeds, etc.), peeled and chopped
- 8tsp of tamarind chutney
- 8tsp of mint-coriander chutney
- 4tsp of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp of roasted cumin powder
- 2tsp of chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp of red chili powder (optional)
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped fruits and toss them together.
- Add the tamarind chutney, mint-coriander chutney, and lemon juice to the fruit mixture.
- Now, Add the black salt, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, and red chili powder (if using). Mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Note: You can adjust the sweetness and spiciness according to your taste preference. You can also add other ingredients such as boiled potatoes, chickpeas, roasted peanuts, or sev to make the fruit chaat more filling.
Chana chat Recipe.
Chana Chat is a popular Indian street food dish made with chickpeas (also known as chana), onions, tomatoes, and a variety of spices and chutneys. Here is a recipe to make Chana Chat:
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned or boiled)
- 1 medium onion, tomato, green chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder and red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp mint chutney
- lemon juice to taste
- Sev (crunchy chickpea flour noodles) for garnishing
- Pomegranate seeds for garnishing
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, green chili, and cilantro to the bowl and mix well.
- Add chaat masala, cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt to the bowl.
- Now, Add tamarind chutney, mint chutney, and lemon juice to the bowl and mix.
- Transfer the Chana Chat to serving bowls.
- Garnish with sev and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
here’s an easy recipe for Dahi Bhallay:
- 1 cup urad dal (white lentils)
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- Tamarind chutney (optional)
- Mint chutney (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Soak the urad dal in water for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked dal in a food processor or blender, adding a little water as needed, until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the gram flour, salt, red chili powder, cumin powder, and 1/2 tsp of chaat masala to the urad dal paste and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai. Once the oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil and fry until golden brown. Remove the bhallas with a slotted spoon and place them on paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the yogurt with 1/2 cup water until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Place the fried bhallas in a serving dish and pour the yogurt mixture over them.
- Sprinkle the remaining chaat masala over the bhallas and drizzle with tamarind chutney and mint chutney (if desired).
- Refrigerate the dahi bhallas for at least 30 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to meld together.
Enjoy your delicious and refreshing Dahi Bhallay!
Here’s a recipe for chicken sandwiches:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 slices of cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mayonnaise or your favorite sandwich spread
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until it is golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, slice it into thin pieces.
- Toast the bread slices and spread mayonnaise or your favorite sandwich spread on each slice.
- Place a lettuce leaf and tomato slice on two slices of bread.
- Add sliced chicken on top of the lettuce and tomato.
- Add a slice of cheese on top of the chicken, if desired.
- Top with the remaining bread slices and cut the sandwiches into halves or quarters.
Your delicious chicken sandwiches are ready to be served! Enjoy with your favorite sides or chips.
Creamy Fruit Chaat
Here’s an easy recipe for creamy fruit chaat:
- 1 cup each of diced apples, bananas, mangoes, pineapple, papaya, cherry
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 8tsp cup condensed milk
- 8tspcup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- Chopped nuts for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced fruits and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the whipped cream, condensed milk, sugar, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, black salt, and chaat masala until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Add the fruit mixture to the creamy mixture and fold gently until the fruits are coated with the creamy mixture.
- Refrigerate the fruit chaat for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the fruit chaat (if using).
Your delicious creamy fruit chaat is now ready to be enjoyed as a refreshing and healthy snack or dessert!
Click this link and must try the Biryani recipe.